In this tutorial, I will show you how to make objects magically appear or disappear with a magic wand in Adobe Premiere. We will also use the Lens Flare effect to add a glow to the tip of the wand and then animate that glow to become brighter when the object is appearing.
To do this, you will need to shoot your footage on a tripod. You will need to have a shot of you and your magic wand moving, and then without moving the tripod, you will need to have a shot of the object appearing. Basically, you just put the object in frame and then record for a bit. Once you have your footage, you can start editing in Premiere.
- First, you need to trim your clips so that they are the desired length.
- Then, you need to mask out the object that you want to appear magically. You can do this by using the Pen Tool in the Effects Controls panel.
- Once the object is masked out, you can nest the two clips together. This will create a new sequence that contains both clips. You can then add an adjustment layer to the nested sequence. This will allow you to apply effects to both clips at the same time.
- The next step is to add the Lens Flare effect to the adjustment layer. You can do this by going to the Effects panel and searching for “Lens Flare.” Once you have found the effect, drag it onto the adjustment layer.
- The Lens Flare effect has a number of settings that you can adjust. You can change the type of lens, the brightness, and the position of the flare. You can also animate the flare so that it moves around.
- The final step is to animate the brightness of the flare. You can do this by creating keyframes for the brightness setting. To create a keyframe, click on the stopwatch icon next to the brightness setting. Then, move the playhead to the frame where you want the brightness to change. Finally, adjust the brightness setting and click on the stopwatch icon again.
Once you have created all of the keyframes, you can preview your animation. If you are happy with the results, you can export your video.
Here are some additional tips for making objects magically appear or disappear with a magic wand in Adobe Premiere:
- Use a high-quality tripod to ensure that your footage is smooth and steady.
- Use a sharp object for the magic wand. This will help to create a more realistic effect.
- Use a dark background for the object that you want to appear magically. This will help to make the object stand out.
- Experiment with different settings for the Lens Flare effect. There is no right or wrong answer, so find what works best for your project.