On this page
A plastic strip heater can heat a specific section of a plastic sheet to allow for just that part to be bent into a desired position.
- Cut the plastic to the desired size.
- Remove any protective film from the plastic.
- Mark the bend points on the plastic and prepare any needed jigs to assist with bending accuracy.
- Heat up the plastic strip heater.
- Place the first bend mark directly above the heating element. Make sure the plastic is at the correct angle. Usually this will be square but angled bends are possible.
- For severe bends, make sure to evenly heat the plastic on both sides by flipping over repeatedly.
- Sheets of steels can be used to isolate parts of the plastic for more precise and localized heating.
- After the plastic is heated, remove from heater and begin bend. If using a jig or fixture, secure the plastic in place while it cools.
- Turn off the strip heater.
(Last Modified: )