On this page
To use a button maker machine, you will need the following materials:
- Button maker machine
- Button components (shell, graphic, mylar, and pin back)
- Circle cutter (optional)
Button Maker Instructions:
- Prepare your image for the button. Your graphic should be a circle that is the same size as the button you are making. You can use a circle cutter to cut out your graphic, or you can print it onto pre-cut button paper.
- Assemble the button components. Place the button shell on a flat surface, with the convex side facing up. Place the graphic on top of the shell, and then place the clear button cover on top of the graphic.
- Place the button components in the machine. There are two dies in the button maker machine: a pickup die and a crimp die. Place the button components in the pickup die, with the shell on the bottom, the graphic in the middle, and the mylar and mylar on top.
- Crimp the button. Rotate the pickup die until it is underneath the upper die. Pull down on the handle of the machine to crimp the button components together.
- Attach the pin back. Rotate the crimp die until it is underneath the upper die. Place the pin back in the crimp die, with the sharp side facing up. Pull down on the handle of the machine to crimp the pin back to the button.
(Last Modified: )