On this page
How to Load a Solder Spool with New Solder
In this video, I will show you how to load a solder spool with new solder. This is a quick and easy process that can be done in just a few minutes.
What You Will Need
- A solder dispenser
- A new solder spool
- A dowel rod
- Remove the old solder spool from the dispenser.
- Insert the dowel rod into the new solder spool.
- Thread the solder onto the dowel rod, making sure that it is going over the top of the spool.
- Slide the dowel rod back into the guide holes on the spool until it snaps in place.
- Make sure that the solder is under the handle of the dispenser.
- Move the handle back and put the solder through the guide.
- Make sure that the solder is not going over the edges of the spool.
- You are now ready to start using your new solder spool.
- When choosing a solder spool, make sure that it is the correct size for your dispenser.
- If you are using a solder spool with a small diameter, you may need to use a smaller dowel rod.
- Be careful not to overfill the spool with solder.
Benefits of Using a Solder Dispenser
- Solder dispensers are a great way to keep your solder organized and easy to use.
- They can help to prevent solder from getting tangled or lost.
- Solder dispensers can also help to improve the accuracy of your soldering.
I hope this video was helpful!
(Last Modified: )