Visual depth creates the illusion of physical distance perpendicular to the viewer between objects in an image, or moving image. Depth is a fundamental principle of Design . Visual depth exists in both representational compositions and non-representational compositions.
How to Create Depth
- Make objects overlap
- Things that are closer appear darker and in focus
- Objects of the same size will appear larger the closer to the viewer they are and smaller the farther away they are
- Use Atmospheric-Perspective to show depth
- Colors become more subdued and muted the farther away. They are and become more saturated the closer they are
- Linear perspective can help show depth