How to Export SketchUp Models for Rendering
In this tutorial, I will show you how to export your SketchUp models for rendering in other applications. You can export your SketchUp models to Blender , a free and open source 3D modeling program, and to Maya, a professional 3D animation software.
To export your SketchUp model, follow these steps:
- Save your model and clean it up as much as possible.
- Go to Window > Model Info and click Purge Unused.
- Go to File > Export 3D Model.
- Select the file format you want to export to.
- In the Options dialog box, uncheck the “Triangulate faces” option and check the “Preserve component hierarchies” option if you want to keep the instances.
- Click OK and export your model.
Here are some tips for exporting your SketchUp models for rendering:
- Use a high-quality mesh. The better the quality of your mesh, the better your rendered model will look.
- Use smooth shading. Smooth shading will give your model a more realistic appearance.
- Use textures. Textures can add a lot of realism to your rendered models.
I hope this tutorial was helpful!